New technologies have produced a drastic and definitive change in the way users consume. This has pushed brands to adapt their marketing and sales strategies. And in these new paradigms, multi-channel, cross-channel and omni-channel strategies are the main working methods. Each one meets different motives and objectives, so it is interesting to know all of them, so that you can consider when some are necessary and when others are. We explain it to you.
The multi-channel approach aims to maximize the consumer experience in each of the channels, so it implements channel-specific strategies to impact, attract and convert in different ways. It is considered that each user can reach the brand through any channel and therefore, the same activities should be carried out in all of them.
How to put it into practice? The brand message must be coherent and consistent, so that the user experience is not affected by the fact that each channel works independently and even compete with each other. On the other hand, remember to integrate all the information from each of the channels into a single database. Your users will appreciate it.
The following are the main advantages:
- Increase your reach. By working each of the channels independently, with strategies designed by and for each of the channels, you will increase the reach and therefore the conversion options.
- Improve your results. The particular strategies of each channel redound in that each channel works in a more specific or particular way and, therefore, better results are achieved.
- Learn from users. Independent work increases the opportunities to collect data on consumer habits, interests and behaviors. Information that helps to refine strategies and, therefore, increase results.
The cross-channel approach is based on the idea that consumers jump from one channel to another in their relationship with brands. For example, a user may see an insurance ad on social networks, visit the product website for information, chat, leave their contact details or call to contract or buy a product.
How do you do this? Start by integrating each of your contact channels and their treatment, adapting the messages in each channel but in a coherent way according to the brand’s objective.
These are the points in favor of this approach:
- Combine channels and efforts. Same brand strategy and same criteria for all, even if you adapt your communication to the particularities of each channel.
- Better data management. By storing information in a unified way, data management will be simpler, faster and more efficient.
- Optimize audience segmentation. Take advantage of all the information to get to know your users and their needs better and, therefore, better segment your campaigns.
The omni-channel approach focuses on the consumer and seeks to anticipate their desires and needs. To do this, it is essential to understand their behaviors and interests and to collect each of their points of contact with the brand with lead management lead management strategies.
To achieve this holistic approach, it is necessary that the brand and all its communication channels or media work as a unified whole and pursue a single objective: to satisfy any demand, request, doubt or consumption by each of the users.
What can this approach offer you?
- A unique strategy. Users will be able to access the information they need in real time, when and where they need it, regardless of the channel.
- Encourage loyalty. Consistency of brand communication coupled with a good experience builds trust and retains audiences.
- Real-time optimization. All the information in one place and in real time, that is, all the information the brand needs to improve its results is just a click away.
In conclusion, multi-channel strategies have been giving way to cross-channel strategies in recent years and we can see how omni-channel strategies are starting to give excellent results in the management of brand channels. Do you want to know more about your leads regardless of the channel? Contact us and find out how we can help you achieve it.